If you are new to "The Blogrolls," please read HEREHERE before exploring the site.

Search This Blog

Followers

Redhead Riter's Magnificent Meatballs




It took years before I finally learned how to cook a delicious meatball. Before finally getting it right, they were always tough and dry. Sometimes they reminded Alyssa and I of bouncing rubber balls. That was just pathetic. But that saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again" has been my "meatball motto" and it is exactly what I have done.

My meatballs are juicy and tender with magnificent flavor, thus the name Redhead Riter's Magnificent Meatballs.

So here is my recipe:

2 1/2 lbs of hamburger (sirloin burger or Angus beef burger with less than 10% fat is best)

1 cup oatmeal

1 cup milk

1/2 medium white onion diced small

1 teaspoon powdered garlic

2 tablespoons original Mrs. Dash

2 tablespoons Montreal Steak seasoning

1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients together with your hands in a large bowl and form the mixed meat into 1 1/2 inch balls. Cook in olive oil (approximately 3 tablespoons) coated frying pan until dark brown. Do not turn the meatballs until they have cooked slightly so that they do not fall apart.



When the meatballs are finished cooking, remove them from the frying pan and drain on paper towels.


These meatballs can be used with spaghetti sauce, submarine sandwiches or with rice. Lately, we have been making a lot of meatball submarines and topping them with Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. For a free bottle of your own without having to jump through hoops, go to Country Bob's Becomes A Winner.








The Redhead Riter





BLOGNTWEET...
The forum for savvy women and men!
Join here.



Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

bluecottonmemory said...

Oh, you must live in my recipe head! Our recipes are soooo similar, except. . . SSSsshhhhh ...do you want to hear the secret difference? Really? Instead of oatmeal, I just pepperidge farm herb season stuffing....sshhh...don't tell anyone!

bluecottonmemory said...

Ooops! And Spaghetti sauce! And an egg!

Jean at The Delightful Repast said...

These are pretty similar to mine. One notable difference: you use even more Worcestershire sauce than I do, and I'm a huge fan of Worcestershire sauce! Also, I leave out the garlic and saute the onions thoroughly before adding them to the mixture as I cannot eat garlic or raw or undercooked onion. I'm definitely going to try the larger amount of Worcestershire sauce next time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails