If you are new to "The Blogrolls," please read HEREHERE before exploring the site.

Search This Blog

Followers

Recipe - Main Dish - Southwestern Wraps


cilantro

This recipe has reduced fat without sacrificing flavor.

Southwestern Wraps


Ingredients

1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 fat-free flour tortillas, 10 inches in diameter
1 cup low-fat black bean dip
1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup salsa with corn
to taste - chopped jalapenos



Directions

In a small bowl, stir together the diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Add lemon juice and stir. Set aside.

Alternately place tortillas between a moistened, but not wet, paper towels and put in the microwave for 25-50 seconds on high to warm.

Heat the black bean dip in a microwave-safe bowl until the dip is hot but not bubbling. Stir every 15 seconds to help distribute the heat.

Evenly distribute ingredients on the 4 tortillas as follows: spread the black bean dip on the tortilla and add lettuce, tomato mixture, both cheeses, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos. Fold two opposite sides of the tortilla over the filling, then alternately close the other two sides over creating a compact roll.

Serve while hot and eat it guilt free!


fresh tomatoes





The Redhead Riter





BLOGNTWEET...
The forum for savvy women and men!
Join here.


13 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
I live cilantro from the garden.
I didn't know you had a food blog too :)
Stopping by from FF.
Have a great day!

Harriet

SafeHomeHappyMom said...

Hi, I am following your blog from Friday Follow, You can also follow mine at www.safehomehappymom.com

Freely Living Life said...

Hello!

These sound delicious. I'm willing to try anything that involves cilantro!

We came across your site through the FF and decided to follow your blog. We are looking forward to reading more of your posts. Come on over and visit us when you get a free moment. Have a fabulous day! <3

Julie said...

Well my new years resolution was to make a new recipe a week. Guess it's a good thing I found you.
Happy New Friday Friday and Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower, at the moment that is.
Take care and have a blessed day.

Candi said...

Following you from FF - hope you come over and follow me too :)

Haupi said...

Oh this is my blog! I love the southwestern wrap...but isn't that just a burrito? Once I made it with black beans out of a can and it tasted flat...I see you use the dip...ahhh. Anyway Happy Friday Follow. I'm your new follower. Hope you'll follow me too: http://hauplight.blogspot.com/ I'll be back! Thanks.

Mama Bird said...

Sounds great, Love food blogs!!
Popping by from Friday Follow! I am following. Come over for a visit!

www.mamabirdnest.com

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Happy Friday Follow! Just poppin in to be your newest follower. Hope you can come follow mine! Have a great weekend!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
http://www.groschengoblins.com/

purseblogger said...

Following from Friday Follow!
So happy I found you. I need meal inspirations.

~SHANNON~ said...

That sounds deelish!

I found you through Friday Follow, and I'm your newest shiny follower!I hope you will over to my blog and follow too!

Shan
http://milkandcuddles.com/

ashley said...

i'd love to feature some of your recipes on my blog!
found you via follow friday, I am way excited to read your blog! follow back at http://adailydoseofdieting.blogspot.com/
can't wait to get to know you!!

Charlene said...

Friday Following you...will you do the same for me?

http://adventures-in-mommy-land.blogspot.com/

Cher said...

Yum!

Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday! Now following you!
I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

Visit Mama’s Money Savers

Related Posts with Thumbnails