If you are new to "The Blogrolls," please read HEREHERE before exploring the site.

Search This Blog

Followers

Brownie Swirls


Brownie Swirls


Description

If you like peanut butter and cream cheese, you'll love this recipe. It is semi-homemade, so it is really a snap and looks and tastes like it was made completely from scratch. It is a brownie with a mixed swirl of peanut butter and cream cheese on the top.

Yields
16

Cooking Time
25 mins.

Ingredients
  • 3 oz. cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (I love the chunky for texture)
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs (divided)
  • 1 package (1 lb. 6.5 oz.) brownie mix with chocolate syrup pouch
  • 1/3 cup water (room temperature)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 2-quart square or rectangular casserole dish/pan (not metal).

2. With an electric mixer and in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar and 1 egg until smooth and creamy; set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, combine the brownie mix, contents of chocolate syrup pouch, with the remaining 3 eggs, water and oil until well blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the brownie batter.

4. Here's the time saver...Pour the remaining batter into the casserole dish and microwave on for 5-6 minutes on High until the top is still wet in center and the sides are slightly set. Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly over the hot brownie.

5. With a fork, gently swirl the reserved 2 tablespoons of brownie batter into peanut butter mixture. Be gently and careful to ensure that you do not disturb set brownie already in the pan.

6. Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes or until top is set and just browned at edges. Do not over cook. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting or it will run and be mushy. Tastes most delicious with a scoop or two of vanilla bean ice cream.Fattening? Of course not!

You don't believe me?

Well, it is fattening, but occasionally a little sweetness and splurging is okay. If it isn't, please don't tell me. I want to remain delusional.



Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

YUM!
I am a new follower from MBC.
Diana Rambles
Custom Blog Designs

Olah Momma! said...

Can't wait to make this, just give me some!:)

Following your lovely blog from MBC.

----------------------------------
http://olahmomma.com, a mom's blog

Campos Family said...

Following from Friday Follow! We eat out a lot so I love love love recipe blogs because they give me great tips and put me in the mood to cook! lol
Please stop by my blog and say hi! :)

http://lifebeneathapizzabox.blogspot.com/

bizzimommiofboyz said...

Happy Friday Follow

Following From...

http://bizzimommi.blogspot.com

Hope You'll Stop By

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} said...

stopping by from #FF I'm following and can't wait to see more of your yummy blog.
I'm a food blogger too-stop by when you have a chance :)

sugarplumtreasures said...

Yum - that looks so good. I think I will be adding this to the shopping list this week.

Kelly said...

Oh, this looks delish! I love all things chocolate. Homemade brownies are the best! Thanks for the recipe!

I'll share my European chocolate frosting recipe with you (yummy on top of chocolate cupcakes). http://www.hotcookin.net/2010/02/12/chocolate-cupcake-delights-with-european-chocolate-frosting/

Now that I have a chocolate craving, I'm off to search my pantry for some. LOL. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails